Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BobCAD-CAM Post Processors for MASSO

-

Masso,

As you can see there is no information in the last post.  I just purchased a Masso for one of my mills and have version 29 of Bobcad in house though I have never used it. I plan to do so once I get the mill running. Perhaps when I get it all working then I may upgrade to the latest version of Bobcad.

So the question is, Does any one have a post processer for Bobcad mill software they could share.  I saw a video about a lathe version but so far nothing on the MIll PP.  Side note, I called Bobcad and they told me if I bought the new version they would fix me up with a PP.  Nice huh, Makes me want to consider fusion 360 or something else.

Steve

That is disappointing Steve because at the end of last year I spent time compiling information required to create a Mill post processor for BobCad and answered the questions they sent regarding it.

I assumed that they were writing a post processor to support their range of software but it seems they have decided to support only the current version.

Cheers Peter

Hello Peter,

Thanks for getting back,  Maybe it was just their new salesman trying to hustle me for another dig.  You would think that people in the service business would make servicing and taking care of their existing customers a very high priority.  Maybe they will figure out that If we are happy we may be back for more.  Their is a lot of options out there when it comes to things like this.

So did you ever get a finished copy of the post processor you could share?

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Side note, I called Bobcad and they told me if I bought the new version they would fix me up with a PP.

You would think that people in the service business would make servicing and taking care of their existing customers a very high priority.

Went looking for Bobcad PP and from their site found this

Effective September 1, 2019, BobCAD-CAM Inc will support current software and 2 versions back.

Currently Supported Versions:
BobCAD-CAM Software Versions
BobCAD-CAM V30 / BobCAD-CAM V31 / BobCAD-CAM V32

Standard Post Processors can be modified and created by support for currently supported versions,  at the request of a customer with a current support subscription

So unfortunately for you, they won't be creating a MASSO PP for version 29.

Anyway do you have any copies of a PP,  if so upload a copy so that I can compare it to Mach4_3x_Mill.BCPst (version 31) copy I download from CNCZone. If there isn't to much difference between them I can "adjust" a current MASSO version to be backwards compatible to version 29.

Peter,

Can you chase up Bobcad for "current" version MASSO mill PP to be added to the download list on their site.

Regards,

Arie.

Airnut has reacted to this post.
Airnut

Arie,

I am working on getting a file for you.  How would you like to receive it, in this forum or email ?

Thanks for all you do.

Steve

Arie,

Here is the file I have on the drive. looks like it was the same or mostly so as even earlier versions.

(EDITED Out)

I tried to send a file but it was rejected. So I sent it this way.   If this does not work for you let me know how you want me to send it.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

I tried to send a file but it was rejected. So I sent it this way.   If this does not work for you let me know how you want me to send it.

Allowed file types are listed in the Upload Files section in fine print, if you need to upload a file that is not in the list then you need to ZIP it up so it can be uploaded.

I have taken a copy of the file and compared it to the file I got from CNCZone, there are changes in the structure of the file but essentially they are the same. We'll wait and see how Peter goes with getting a MASSO specific PP and then we can test and fix any problems.

You can edit out the file now. Thanks.

Regards,

Arie.

Arie,

Done, Internet was down due to lightning last night so it took a while.

Thanks again.   I still am not up and running as of yet but making great progress on the build.  I just would like to get ahead of the curve on the post processer so I can make it work when its ready. I appreciate you going through this.

Regards to you and Pete for all your efforts.

Steve

Peter,

Do we have any progress on the PP for Bobcad???

Regards,

Steve