Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Converting router from Mach3 to Masso

Hello,

I'm new to Masso therefore I need some help.
Currently I'm in the process for converting my router from Mach3 to the Masso G3 controller.
The router uses some older type steppers drives (NC-step).
These drives have an option for a sleep mode when the router is in rest.
This option will reduce the current to the steppers to 25%.
I’m looking for a way to use this option.
I can enable or disable this feature with a output and command it with M64/M65 in the G-code file at the beginning and the end.
But I think this will not work when I use the MPG after running a G-code file and the drives are in sleep mode.
A another option could be using an auxiliary output that will respond on the E-stop, but the only outputs that react on a E-stop are the tower lights but they blinking and don’t give a constant signal.
Anyone an idea how to solve this?

Best regards,

Piet Versleijen

@rc-ppg

Pier,

On the third TTL connector the last terminal is marked ES, that terminal goes low when Estop is pressed. (Wiring E-Stop output signal to relay)

https://docs.masso.com.au/wiring-and-setup/setup-and-calibration/e-stop

Also Auxiliary outputs 1 - 6 can be toggled by Auxiliary Input 1-6 (Toggle).

Regards,

Arie.

I already found the ES output, but it gives not a constant signal, it flashes like the red LED on the mainboard.
How to toggle an output by an input?

Best regards,

Piet

@rc-ppg

Piet,

ES should be a constant signal as it is for controlling an Estop relay.

Also Auxiliary outputs 1 - 6 can be toggled by Auxiliary Input 1-6 (Toggle).

All TTL outputs should be connected to a TTL compatible TTL relay module. https://www.masso.com.au/product/relay-module/

Regards,

Arie

I checked again on the ES output, indeed it gives a constant signal.
I think that my DVM did something wrong, my old analog VM showed the constant signal without a problem.
Now only finding a suitable relais for this purpose.

Connecting the Steppers via the IDC connector gives some issues.
The pins (4, 6, 8, 10 and 12) for step are constant high after the first move with the MPG.
My drives wouldn’t respond on that.
The pins for direction are working normal.
The terminals for the "normal" (S+) are only high when stepping.
I had to relocate the connections form the IDC to the normal terminals.

Sofar these are only once in a lifetime issues, the rest off the setup isn't to difficult, in fact very easy.
I think that the Masso is a nice enhancement for my workshop.

Now only the last tasks are to be done:
Rewiring the limit en home switches and find out how I can get a PWM signal out for my laserhead.

Best regards,

Piet

@rc-ppg

Piet,

Suitable relays available from MASSO. https://www.masso.com.au/product/relay-module/

IDC connector pins are driven by different ICs to the standard differential outputs, but should still switch high/low.

MASSO is working on providing PWM signal via TTL outputs, it will be part of a future software upgrade for the G3 only.

Regards,

Arie.