Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Questions & AnswersDocumentation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Documentation

Hey team,

Can we please get updates for the documentation including inputs and outputs available etc and more information regarding probing etc maybe with a video.

I see a lot of changes since I was last here but documentation hasn't changed.

Also is there functions on the G3 that can't be done on G2?

Cheers

Mitch

This is the link to the video on probing

I Have been requesting extra input functions such has a probing z input that would probe z and then set z you can find that post in feature requests, maybe you could support that request by ticking the thumbs up on it

Personally I would like to see a way to map any mouse input to a physical input on the controller as it would allow for the construction of some pretty cool hardware. Even with the ability to chain events or mouse clicks such as a single input that probes and then sets z. Even features like zero zro for axis buttons would be great. that way you could jog x and y to your material x and y then press zero x and y and then probe z with zero z also

there are so many ins and outs and the full potential of using them is not being implemented

Cheers Steve

Quote from SteveFrisby on March 25, 2020, 12:43 pm

This is the link to the video on probing

I Have been requesting extra input functions such has a probing z input that would probe z and then set z you can find that post in feature requests, maybe you could support that request by ticking the thumbs up on it

Personally I would like to see a way to map any mouse input to a physical input on the controller as it would allow for the construction of some pretty cool hardware. Even with the ability to chain events or mouse clicks such as a single input that probes and then sets z. Even features like zero zro for axis buttons would be great. that way you could jog x and y to your material x and y then press zero x and y and then probe z with zero z also

there are so many ins and outs and the full potential of using them is not being implemented

Cheers Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for that. I did see that video but it simply shows flat workpeice height setting not actual probing. I am unclear how the whole thing works.
Each button in Masso would be triggerable via different methods if firmware was added to suit which would be nice- I was hoping to be able to send control commands via Serial 485 to Masso so I don't have to use relays and inputs but I don't see any plans for that to ever happen so I'm looking for up to date things I can use. My machine is not near by so I can't just visit to see what ins and outs I can assign

Mitch, Steve,

I Have been requesting extra input functions such has a probing z input that would probe z and then set z you can find that post in feature requests

These things you are asking for are great but there is a problem with adding features. Adding just one new input function uses memory that is not available in the G2 model, whilst MASSO Support could add a feature to the G3 (which they have done), they are trying to keep the features available to both models the same as possible.

This difference between the G2 & G3 is also causing the documentation to fall behind in what/how is available in the current firmware.

Regards,

Arie.

Quote from Breezy on March 25, 2020, 4:06 pm

Mitch, Steve,

I Have been requesting extra input functions such has a probing z input that would probe z and then set z you can find that post in feature requests

These things you are asking for are great but there is a problem with adding features. Adding just one new input function uses memory that is not available in the G2 model, whilst MASSO Support could add a feature to the G3 (which they have done), they are trying to keep the features available to both models the same as possible.

This difference between the G2 & G3 is also causing the documentation to fall behind in what/how is available in the current firmware.

Regards,

Arie.

Hey Arie, hope you've been well mate!

Yeah this is the biggest frustration I think with the G2... It was just about out of memory when it was originally made! It's had updates but no graphical additions or anything over the top yet it's just about full. Why we still have conversational programming in the UI I'm very unsure of but the idea of buying a G3 with just about identical hardware and no actual additions in functionality really frustrates me. The documentation could be altered to say "G3 only" on some things but everything is still old even for G2 specifications

Mitch,

Keeping well, placed wife & I into self isolation when COVID-19 started to appear in Australia because of our age (70), it's a bugger getting old when you don't feel it.

I'm very unsure of but the idea of buying a G3 with just about identical hardware and no actual additions in functionality really frustrates me.

I know, I couldn't justify spending $1000 of the shed's money to get a G3.

Regards,

Arie.

Yes new documentation (both online and PDF version) was in order on the release of G-3. This needs to be done by a technical writer who has never seen a Masso before, that way they would not be any pretensions of you know what I know. Documentation in the CNC field is either easy to understand or written by people who have been in the field forever and assume you know what they know.

Quote from TayloredTech on March 25, 2020, 12:02 pm

Hey team,

Can we please get updates for the documentation including inputs and outputs available etc and more information regarding probing etc maybe with a video.

I see a lot of changes since I was last here but documentation hasn't changed.

Also is there functions on the G3 that can't be done on G2?

Cheers

Mitch

Yes, we are working on a new documentation platform and new information will be added too.

for MASSO . I had to use peter's video in order to install the software file correctly for the G3. the G3 looks for a file called MASSO in the USB key as Peter points out in his video for Windows 10 or at least that was what happened in my situation. surely it would not be that hard to write a line to search the entire  USB key to find any and all HTG files. what happened in my situation: because I installed HTG file in USB key and not in a MASSO file in the USB key the controller just got hung up in other words did nothing. maybe the documentation needs to reflect this. My 2 cents worth.

Regards

Phill

Quote from Breezy on March 25, 2020, 6:40 pm

Mitch,

Keeping well, placed wife & I into self isolation when COVID-19 started to appear in Australia because of our age (70), it's a bugger getting old when you don't feel it.

I'm very unsure of but the idea of buying a G3 with just about identical hardware and no actual additions in functionality really frustrates me.

I know, I couldn't justify spending $1000 of the shed's money to get a G3.

Regards,

Arie.

Arie, it's a bugger when your young and feel old. That's my case!

On the G2 do you really need WiFi? I know i don't. Just use the USB stick and free up memory that way.

For me it's like saying to your mates "Look at me, my car has a electric antenna yours doesn't"  But in fact the coat hanger bent into the shape of Australia works better! "See what i did there" brought back memory's of the good old days when things were more simple!

Stay safe from Ross,