Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

How to wire VFD to Controller

Thanks for any advice you can give.  I have a Wood's Inverter running Single phase 220 to a Wood's inverter and I am trying to wire in to the Masso G3 controller.   I have yet been able to get the spindle to move.  I am not sure what pins to use for the Masso spindle control output.  I have looked over the documentation and videos and have not been able to find the Woods's inverter wiring diagram. Your help would be appreciated .

Uploaded files:
  • IMG-4703.jpg
  • IMG-4705-1.jpg
  • IMG-4704.jpg

@stover99

Without more info on the VFD I can't give a definitive answer but looking at your photos I would say the blue wire should be on Vin. Don't take this as gospel.

Provide a copy of the manual and I confirm my guess.

Regards,

Arie.

Thanks for looking at this. I am attaching the Inverter Manual and additional pics.  I have reviewed the manual but unable to make much since out of it.  I would like to control my VFD from Masso G3.  I am not sure if the jumper cable on the Inverter is set to the correct position for the intended setup.  Thanks Steve

Uploaded files:

@stover99

Ok can confirm my guess was correct but you need to make some other changes as follows.

• Masso connect 4 -> 6 this provides the -ve connection for REV.
  • VFD move Blue wire to VIN terminal.
  • Wire NO to input on MASSO, configure input as VFD fault - high when VFD in fault.
  • Wire RCM to MASSO Power terminal (red connector)
  • J19 should be jumpered as JBB JB. The first jumper sets the Vin to 0->10v and the second sets the Fwd/Rev to pull down logic, as per section 2.12 on page 23.
  • Parameters 21-MODE = 3 & 75-STR = 1.

There will be other parameters that will need adjusting but I will leave that to you to read up on, infact read all the parameters and make sure you understand what each is doing.

Regards,

Arie.