Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Questions & AnswersLaser control?
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Laser control?

Hi Peter,

I have tested the PP 1.3 and find it works perfectly (now that i have created different laser tools with different rpm's)

The only thing I need added back in the the Z axis moment.

At full power of the laser, it will cut 1mm per pass, so i need to drop the Z down 1mm on each pass. (same as a milling cutter).

Without it lowering during cutting, it takes 5 - 6 passes instead of 3 passes and gives a bad cut.

I can set the tool cut depth in Aspire to 0.001mm when engraving and the normal material thickness when cutting.

Is this something you could add back for me?

I have attached a photo of the engraving and cut (although not cut right through)  Engraving is S40 750mm/min +air assist

Thanks

Regards

Dean

Uploaded files:
  • Engrave-X7.jpg

Great News Dean,

Looks like we are onto something.

I have added back the Z axis moves and uploaded V1.4 below.

Let me know how it goes. Once you are happy with this Post I will look at the Grayscale side of things.

Cheers Peter

Uploaded files:

Thanks Peter,

Just tested it and can say I am very happy.  Works like a charm.

I'm cutting out a big spider this afternoon so will post a photo when completed.

I will use the new PP for this job which i have now added in the Air Assist g code and ventilation g code.

Fingers crossed.

Thank

Regards

Dean

Good one Dean.

I just got mine mounted but now I need to get it wired up.

Tell me about the Air assist and the Ventilation. I can probably include it in the Post Processor.

Cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

I have a pneumatic solenoid connected (via relay) to Output #1 (M62P1 / M63P1) which activates just before the laser fires and then turns off right at the end of the program.

Same with the Ventilation. I am actually using my dust extractor which is already vented outside.  This also turns on just before the laser fires and then turns off right at the end of the program. For this i am using Output #13 (M62P13 / M63P13).

I have attached your PP with these added so you can see what i did.  It works so i must have done something right for a change......

I have also attached some photos of mega spider i cut yesterday using your PP.  Came out really good and much bigger than i visualised.

I played a joke on the misses.  Social distancing has now more than doubled....

Regards

Dean

Uploaded files:

Hi Dean,

Very nice but be careful or social distancing my become permanent.

Since you have already sorted the Post out and it works the way you want I won't worry about it.

I got my laser working late last night and hope to get some testing done over the long weekend.

For the Pic Engrave I used the Analogue / PWM and changed the 3rd axis to S. This outputs X,Y & S which is what we want. Do not include M03 / M05 as it is of no use to you but you can manually turn on the laser from the F2 screen with the CC button before you start. Initial tests just gave me a black square but I will need to do more testing. It didn't work as I hoped.

I will be having a look at half toning which is what I used to use and I think it will work ok.

Cheers Peter

Quote from CNCnutz on April 8, 2020, 9:15 pm

Hi Dean,

Since you have already sorted the Post out and it works the way you want I won't worry about it.

I got my laser working late last night and hope to get some testing done over the long weekend.

For the Pic Engrave I used the Analogue / PWM and changed the 3rd axis to S. This outputs X,Y & S which is what we want. Do not include M03 / M05 as it is of no use to you but you can manually turn on the laser from the F2 screen with the CC button before you start. Initial tests just gave me a black square but I will need to do more testing. It didn't work as I hoped.

I will be having a look at half toning which is what I used to use and I think it will work ok.

Cheers Peter

hi Peter,

i am wondering if this laser is working on masso, maybe fiber laser is also works on masso.

i am asking this because, i would like to used this masso on fiber laser, its that possible?

thanks

Rex

Quote from CNCnutz on April 8, 2020, 9:15 pm

Hi Dean,

Cheers Peter

Thanks Peter,

I am looking forward to what you can work out.

Thanks also for the PicEngrave settings.  i'll have a play with this a bit later.

Work has sort of got in the way of having fun today.

Thanks

Regards

Dean

Quote from Pinoy CNC on April 9, 2020, 12:01 am

hi Peter,

i am wondering if this laser is working on masso, maybe fiber laser is also works on masso.

i am asking this because, i would like to used this masso on fiber laser, its that possible?

thanks

Rex

Hi Rex,

I don't know anything about a Fibre laser. If it has a TTL input then it should work.

You can see on post #30 the connection to the laser we used.    https://www.masso.com.au/forums/topic/laser-control/?part=3#postid-11974

With regards Gray scale I am having 2nd thoughts as to whether this will work or not. My first attempt gave me a black square so even with a 1.4W laser it burnt the wood too much. Deans will probably vaporizer the wood and entire table.

Masso uses exact stop machining which is not ideal for producing photo's images but I will keep trying. I am sure that the technique  used in my video "Fifty shades of Gray"  will work and I will make a post processor for this and give it a try.

Cheers Peter

Hi Peter, did you ever get greyscale engraving working?

thanks

Dean