Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Leadshine Hybrid servo 573HBM20-1000

Hello!

I am looking for the correct parameters to set this motor up with the Masso. When I look through the datasheet specs I don't see the parameters requested by the setup screens in Masso. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you ! Brit in Nashville.

@m1088

What micro-stepping are you intending to use?

The first number on the axis configuration ("Motor Distance per Revolution") is determined by the lead/ball screw.

The second number on the axis configuration ("Drive : Pulses per Revolution") is determined by the stepper motor / micro-stepping settings.

The maximum feed rate and acceleration are dependent on a number of factors:

• Stepper motor current and driver supply voltage
  • Mass of the axis (impacts acceleration)
  • Friction of the axis (sliding friction and lead/ball screw friction)

Focus on the "Distance per Revolution" and "Pulses per Revolution" first and make sure the axis moves the correct amount before attempting to tune maximum feed rate and acceleration.

The model number includes a "3H" which if I understand correctly is a 3 phase servo motor. This means tuning techniques for classic stepper motors do not apply - mid-band resonance (which can cause the motor to stall) is unlikely to occur. You should be able to drive at full acceleration subject to the available power (rated phase current ⊗ motor driver voltage = max feed rate ⊗ axis mass ⊗ acceleration [subject to correct engineering units])

M1088 has reacted to this post.
M1088

Would the built in calibration wizard work for this motor?

@m1088

Yes. The wizard doesn't care what is connected to the other side of the driver, it just needs the correct PPR for the driver/motor combo. Then when you go through the calibration procedure it calculates the DTPR.

Regards,

Arie.

M1088
Quote from M1088 on April 22, 2021, 7:45 am

Would the built in calibration wizard work for this motor?

Thank you for this very thorough reply.

Quote from ZombieEngineer on April 20, 2021, 6:14 pm

@m1088

The first number on the axis configuration ("Motor Distance per Revolution") is determined by the lead/ball screw.

The second number on the axis configuration ("Drive : Pulses per Revolution") is determined by the stepper motor / micro-stepping settings.

Focus on the "Distance per Revolution" and "Pulses per Revolution" first and make sure the axis moves the correct amount before attempting to tune maximum feed rate and acceleration.

The model number includes a "3H" which if I understand correctly is a 3 phase servo motor. This means tuning techniques for classic stepper motors do not apply - mid-band resonance (which can cause the motor to stall) is unlikely to occur. You should be able to drive at full acceleration subject to the available power (rated phase current ⊗ motor driver voltage = max feed rate ⊗ axis mass ⊗ acceleration [subject to correct engineering units])

Quote from ZombieEngineer on April 20, 2021, 6:14 pm

@m1088

First, thank you for your very thorough reply : )

I am not well-versed on microstepping, but would like to learn. My system was originally a Fyeboon T3 with the drivers and servo steppers.  Should I just try to input those? The axis mass is surprisingly high. The arm is quite heavy. I know that I can use the calibration that is built in to the Masso, but there seem to be other specs that must be considered, like how long it takes the arm to slow to a stop.

I note that the new Masso system seems to be much smoother in acceleration and deceleration. It also seems to operate more like a true CNC.

Truth be known, I have been trying to get this system running for about 3 years. Ugh! I am a bit tired, but will press onward! The original machine's interface was small and impractical. Support from the Fyeboon engineers was typical of Chinese support.

These motors appear to move at 1.2 degrees each step, with 1000 step per revolution.

I will try to do a Youtube video on my work : )

Any general help is greatly appreciated!

Fyeboon Vanguard T3 Portable Oxy-fuel Or Plasma Iron Cnc ...

Uploaded files:
  • 61JbIMsumgL._AC_-1.jpg
  • 61JbIMsumgL._AC_.jpg
  • Hybrid-Server-Driver_03.jpg
  • Hybrid-Server-Driver_04.jpg

@m1088

The only useful piece of information in the uploads is the step angle = 1.2 which equates to 300 steps / revolution, the rest is specs about the driver and connections.

Googled HBS507 manual and found this http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/Down/ES-Dsm_V1.0.pdf which the manual for the software that sets the parameters in the driver. Section Motor Settings Window describes how to set pulses / revolution (micro stepping), so what you set in there is what you put in MASSO PPR.

Regards,

Arie.

M1088
Quote from Breezy on April 26, 2021, 12:00 pm

@m1088

The only useful piece of information in the uploads is the step angle = 1.2 which equates to 300 steps / revolution, the rest is specs about the driver and connections.

Googled HBS507 manual and found this http://www.leadshine.com/UploadFile/Down/ES-Dsm_V1.0.pdf which the manual for the software that sets the parameters in the driver. Section Motor Settings Window describes how to set pulses / revolution (micro stepping), so what you set in there is what you put in MASSO PPR.

Regards,

Arie.

Thank you Arie! The adventure continues.