Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

linear Tool changer (type1) issue

Hi Masso Support,
I have issue about the up and down tool tray, because every time tool change is called the tool tray wont stay long on UP position.
i dont know if this is bug on v4 firmware
please see video

Hi Pinoy CNC

That's definitely a problem.
Can you upload a copy of your Printable settings file as well as a copy of your Settings.htg and I will take a look for you.

Cheers Peter

we looked into this further and the logic is working as expected, Tool Changer - Output 3 goes HIGH and then LOW as soon as the sensor is reached. In your setup how is your pneumatic cylinder setup and wired?

As per the MASSO logic, there has to be two outputs to control the pneumatic cylinder, in your setup do you have one or two lines to control the movement?

Quote from MASSO Support on January 29, 2021, 7:54 pm

we looked into this further and the logic is working as expected, Tool Changer - Output 3 goes HIGH and then LOW as soon as the sensor is reached. In your setup how is your pneumatic cylinder setup and wired?

As per the MASSO logic, there has to be two outputs to control the pneumatic cylinder, in your setup do you have one or two lines to control the movement?

hi Masso Support and Peter,
sorry for late reply super busy yesterday, i done a little test this morning base on your idea but no luck.
here is the video that i took this morning.
i am using 2 solenoid valve to control the  up and down also  two proximity sensor for up and down

here is the machine setting of my machine

Uploaded files:
Hi Rex,
I see in the video you have Tool Changer output 4 inverted to be High normally.
It's normal state should be low.
If you look at the Tool Changer logic step 15 the last thing it does is change the output 4 to Low.
This is why the tool tray is retracting when output 3 goes low.
Remove the Invert on Tool Changer output 4 so that it shows low and give it a try. It should work properly.
Let me know how it goes.
Cheers Peter
Hi Peter,
when i inverter the tool changer output 4 to low the tool tray are in the middle of the linear rail  because the solenoid valve is in the state of low(no air pressure going to the cylinder)
on my understanding that when the is the following, please guide me if i am wrong.
1. Tool Changer - Input 5 for Tools Tray DOWN OK signal (always high state, it will in low state when the tray goes up)
2. Tool Changer - Output 4 to move ToolsTray DOWN (always High State, because this will push the tray down, it will be in low state when Tool Changer - Output 3 to move Tools Tray UP in high state)
3.Tool Changer - Output 3 to move Tools Tray UP (it will high state when of tool change called and stayed in high state during the tool change after that its goes low and Tool Changer - Output 4 to move ToolsTray DOWN ( goes to High State, and push the tray down, and wait for another tool change operation called Tool Changer - Output 4 to move Tools Tray UP in goes high state again)
also here is the video of  F1 screen Test

Rex:

I experienced the same issue and resolved it by using TWO relays , output 3 operates a relay No 1 closing the NO contacts to operate the solenoid, and the 2nd relay operates as a latching relay to hold in relay No 1 until energized by output 4. This allows the solenoid to operate and maintain air pressure once output 3 has been energized even if denergized until output 4 has been energized.

Also use similar for dust hood operation

Trust this helps

Rossco