Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Questions & AnswersMASSO Touch
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

MASSO Touch

How does the MASSO Touch unit connect to an existing controller set up?

Would I need my existing G3? Or, is this an extra remote tool for making control easier and remote?

Not clear why this is needed but, very interested.

Robb

@robb

The Masso Touch is a bundled system including a physically modified Masso G3 controller, touch screen and case. The Masso Touch is probably intended for CNC machine refits where a touch screen is desired but don't want the headaches of finding an appropriate touch screen with the risk of it not working.

Please have a read of https://docs.masso.com.au/MASSO-Touch-FAQ

Inside the Masso Touch case is room for:

• Masso G3 Controller (supplied with the Masso Touch bundle)
  • 2 x Masso Relay modules (purchased separately)

Some details of the inside of the case can be found:

The aluminum backing plate for the Masso Touch case has 4 bolt holes (100 mm square arrangement) allowing the Masso Touch to be attached to a standard LCD monitor arm. All the cabling for stepper motors, inputs and outputs needs to be wired back to the Masso Touch box.

Thanks very much for all the useful info. Much appreciated.

Because I already have a G3, would I have to have one as part of the bundle? Is the bundled G3 specific to the unit or could I transplant my existing G3? Maybe I should read the docs first!

I have a small but busy workshop and space is at a premium. Currently I have my controller in a dustproof 'box' (on the wall) which contains all the electronics. Beside it I have a shelf for my monitor. It's all a little way away from me, and dust and so forth can make it a bit of a strain to view. I was thinking that this might be a better deal. Smaller and able to be fitted to an extending arm. Extended when I need it and pushed back when I don't. I also find my WiFi keyboard a pain. It gets wood chips in it and under the keys plus it's battery powered. The track- mouse is not good and I regularly click on the wrong point on screen. Scrolling with the track-mouse is rubbish. Track mouse slows me down and requires accuracy. I don't have time for that.

I'll get back to you/MASSO Forum with any questions.

Robb

@robb

Robb,

After you have read the Touch FAQ and want to get a MASSO Touch minus the G3 place a request into MASSO Support. We are collating number of requests to see if it is viable to produce the special VGA to LED interface board so that existing G3 owners can add the MASSO Touch to their G3.

Regards,

Arie.

Hey Breezy,

I am just finalizing my build out on the one machine.  Finally resolved the Issue with my tool in /out draw bar control.

I have purchased a New G3 for the other machine and everything else I needed except a computer screen, mouse, and keyboard.  I think I would like a touch screen.  Therefore I too am interested in just the touch screen and housing assuming I can get extension cables and what ever it takes to make it work with my controller which is new and already mounted in the old Fanuc cabinet.  Please put me down as a possible.

Regards,

Steve

Quote from Airnut on January 14, 2021, 6:52 pm

I think I would like a touch screen.  Therefore I too am interested in just the touch screen and housing assuming I can get extension cables and what ever it takes to make it work with my controller which is new and already mounted in the old Fanuc cabinet.  Please put me down as a possible.

@airnut

Steve,   Make the request to support@masso.com.au that is where the list is being complied.

Regards,

Arie.