Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Measuring toolheight after homing

For some reason Masso automatically want’s to measuring the tool height right after homing.
How can I disable this?

Regards,

Piet

@rc-ppg

Piet,

https://docs.masso.com.au/wiring-and-setup/automatic-tool-length-calibration

Regards,

Arie.

Thanks Arie,

I've read the manual on that point.
I do want to measure the toolheight after every toolchange, even in the middle off the G-code when a new tool is requested.
But not immediality after the first homing, because most off the time there isn't any tool in the collet at that moment, or just the last tool from the previous run the day before.
Before every new job I set the Z-height for the first tool using the probe function.

My workflow:
Switch on the machine.
Homing (most off the time the gantry is parked way back on the far rear end).
Manually load the first tool with MDI function and let Masso setting the tool height automatically
Loading the G-code.
Fix the material on the machine bed.
Determinate X en Y position in the work coordinates.
Probing the Z height.
Start production run.

Regards,

Piet

@rc-ppg

Piet,

MASSO remembers the last tool in operation, even after shutdown. So when you home the machine MASSO re-establishes the zero reference of the tool that it thinks is loaded, this all part of setting a reference point for the auto tool zero routine. So basically leave to the last tool used in the machine at shutdown and only change tools via a tool change command so that MASSO can maintain the tool zero reference point. Any tool change without a tool change command will throw Z zero reference out the window.

Regards,

Arie.

Quote from Breezy on March 2, 2021, 11:14 pm

Any tool change without a tool change command will throw Z zero reference out the window.

I know:
Sometimes the last tool is a 0.6 or 1 mm drill, I don't want to leave them in the collet afterwards, they break very easily.
I have to change my workflow a little to adapt the Masso requirements 🙂
Sofar I'm very pleased with Masso.

Regards,

Piet

Piet,

In that case I would do a manual tool change to a dummy tool. eg a piece of 6mm rod. It doesn't matter how long it is, just so that MASSO has something to ATZ when it homes to set the ATZ reference point.

Regards,

Arie.

A simple magnet with a 5 or 6 mm alu rod glued to it will do the trick very well I think.