Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Multicam S2412 CNC

Hi guys,

Ok I am in Brisbane. Feel free to give me a ring on 0411136985.

When it comes to HSD Spindles, I have been trained on them at a factory level. The low pressure line MUST be at 4bar and tool clamp is at 6bar. You should never just spray WD40 into the taper.  If you are worried about your cone, machine clean the cone. Mount some scotch brite onto a stick and whilst the spindle is on run it up and down the cone to remove any debris, surface imperfections. When it comes to the bearing shaft, its not a simple thing to do at a DIY level. I'll do a write up in the coming days if you all like one HSD spindles and it can go in the technical area?

Also when it comes to sticky holders, you dont need that large of a compressor for tool changes, what drains it is the constant air circulation. set your recovery on your compressor at a minimum of 5bar, you can not run a machine with anything less than 210lpm compressor. It is always best to run a compressor which is belt or screw driven for quick recovery time.

Cheers Ryan

Quote from mrgame1988 on July 9, 2019, 9:29 pm

Hi guys,

When it comes to HSD Spindles, I have been trained on them at a factory level. The low pressure line MUST be at 4bar and tool clamp is at 6bar. You should never just spray WD40 into the taper.  If you are worried about your cone, machine clean the cone. Mount some scotch brite onto a stick and whilst the spindle is on run it up and down the cone to remove any debris, surface imperfections. When it comes to the bearing shaft, its not a simple thing to do at a DIY level. I'll do a write up in the coming days if you all like one HSD spindles and it can go in the technical area?

Also when it comes to sticky holders, you dont need that large of a compressor for tool changes, what drains it is the constant air circulation. set your recovery on your compressor at a minimum of 5bar, you can not run a machine with anything less than 210lpm compressor. It is always best to run a compressor which is belt or screw driven for quick recovery time.

Cheers Ryan

Hey Ryan,

I have a question for you regarding my HSD spindle military connectors. I have a 22 pin connector on the spindle side that includes S1-S3 plus the tool release pins etc etc. My issue is- the outgoing female conector that originally went to the Multicam controller only has the tool change pins set into the connetor, the rest are missing but I know the spindle has all the sensors installed.

I went to RS online and found a bunch of 22 pin Military connectors/ pins and ordered some but the sizing was wrong and none were identical to what I had on the HSD. Would you know the size or where I could source just the female pins to set into the connector and solder to a multicore cable so I can use all the extra pins?
Cheers!

Can email me direct at mitch AT tayloredtech . TV

Mitch Taylor

Hi Mitch, I'm on this for you, give me a couple of days to source locally 🙂

Cheers

Quote from mrgame1988 on July 9, 2019, 9:29 pm

Hi guys,

Cheers Ryan

Awesome @mrgame1988 and thanks for illuminating WRT the wd40 thing, didn't sound right, though I thought if a rebuild was on the cards then the customer would be probably scrapping the whole thing and I'd then be having arguments. I tried the scotch-bright thing on the taper and I also have new Tool Holders that also suffer the same issue. I have some experience with rebuilding my own Chinese spindle (that's another long expensive story (or mistake)...Not a copy of the HSD design that is quite popular)

Anyway, since I am likely to be supporting this router going forward since I rebuilt it, it may be that I might need to rebuild it down the track. I am pretty confident I could do the job, so your document would be very well received, Thank you.

Are the the cores readily available?  or in the case of the sticky tool, is it more related to shimming or an adjustment to the clamping pull/eject rod?. The bearing are very smooth.

As far as cone clearing goes my main worry is the customers lack of cleanliness and the dust that settles on everything. Their dust extraction is poor and they run the other router at much slower than optimal travel speeds so I think that tends to create finer dust (much smaller depth of cut and blunt tools....) esp on mdf.  Thanks for the info, I have bought a new pressure regulator for the clearing feed line.

cheers!

Quote from mrgame1988 on July 19, 2019, 10:28 pm

Hi Mitch, I'm on this for you, give me a couple of days to source locally ?

Cheers

leggggend!

@ipnb and I have had a play around with the HSD sensors and don't think they will be much use in Masso as yet. Can't remember which sensor it is but it goes high and low the spindle rotates but can come to rest on high or low which would obviosuly make it hard to incorporate into a control system... How did it work with Multicam? Or was that sensor not used?

Mitch

@tayloredtech

Gday mate, I was wondering if you have a single line drawing of the electrical setup that you did with the various components? Is there a better way of contacting you other than on here?
Cheers.