Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Price CNC AVHC 10 Post Processor Help

Hello,

Built from scratch a 6ft x 11ft  water table, Nema34 single shaft 1600 oz, 3.5A & driver 7.8A . Dual motors on my gantry.

Z Axis, Nema23 Dual shaft,425oz-in, DM542A 50V+350W-36V,  7" Lead screw floating head.

Hypertherm 45 cutter, Masso 3 axis. Price HVHC 10 Hight Controller.

I have the table cutting decent . But with my lack of CNC experience, learning as I go. Using Inkscape and Sheetcam for all my cutting.

I think I built the table to heavy for thin cutting, lots of weight jerking around. But the reason I am here today my Price HVHC 10 Hight Controller.

With the Price Post processor loaded in Sheetcam. As soon as the table takes of, the Z drive goes up and bottoms out, making the gears jump. I have to hit STOP. The Z drive is going in the wrong direction.  If I change the Post processor and use the MASSO post processor with THC. Everything cut decent, except for the torch moving before the torch lights. Not every time. For example. I was cutting out a 4ft  x 3ft  sign with a dog treeing and the family's name at the top, and welcome to the farm at the bottom. I had to make about 8 cuts of 3in or so where the torch moved before it lite. This is driving me nuts. Any help or advise would be appreciated here in WV, USA

Hi @buckmaster1967

What is a Price HVHC 10 Hight Controller? I did a search for it but couldn't find anything.

Is it a THC and if so how do you have it connected?

Cheers

Peter

It is a Torch Height Controller. It is connected the same as the Proma THC 150 connects. into the pens on the back of the cutter and into the Masso Unit.

https://www.pricecnc.com/product-page/avhc10

A couple threads on the price unit here (documentation in lower link):

https://www.masso.com.au/forums/topic/help-wiring-my-price-avhc10/?part=1

https://www.masso.com.au/forums/topic/price-cnc-avhc10-thc/

Thank you, read them before I posted.

Hi @buckmaster1967

When you go into screen 6 of the AVHC10 and set the Arc ok, up and down  to active do you see the inputs on  Masso F1 screen change from normally low to high?

Cheers

Peter

Buckmaster1967 has reacted to this post.
Buckmaster1967

Hello, Yes. The commands show up when I test the unit, like they should. I end up setting the the Pierce delay in Sheetcam to .5s. and Over cut to 1.0". That helped me with the torch moving before it fires. And the Over Cut helps clean up the late fires, but I know this is not the correct answer

With the Price Post processor loaded in Sheetcam. As soon as the table takes off, the Z drive goes up and bottoms out, making the gears jump. I have to hit STOP. The Z drive is going in the wrong direction. So I can't use it.

I load Masso Plasma (with THC) Post Processor. The Z axes with Go up and down in about 1" of travel.  Price HVHC 10 Height Controller. Says on channel 1, to adjust the Tolerance if the torch hunts, but no matter if I adjust it .01 or up to 9.0. The torch still hunts. Without a doubt, My lack of knowledge on the subject is the issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, If I go into the Masso Torch Height Control settings, and select (1, Without THC & Arc OK signal) the table cuts good, just no HTC.

If I select (2,Without THC but using Arc OK signal) the table cuts good, just no HTC.

If I select (3, Proma Compact THC Controller 150, the table HTC Controller works, but Z axles Hunts.

Hi @buckmaster1967

Can you share the start of the Gcode file where the Z axis drives up. I think you will find that there is a G38.2 probing cycle causing the issue.

https://www.masso.com.au/masso-documentation/?section=g38-2-straight-probe-cycle

Please be aware that the Z value specified is a machine coordinate value and not a working coordinate which may be your problem with that.

With regards the hunting are you 100% sure you have the up and down around the right way because i imagine that that would make it hunt something wicked.

Could you also do a simple test.  Move  your Z axis to the center of it's travel and zero the Z axis. Then type G00 Z-1 and make sure the Z axis moves down.  I assume you are using imperial otherwise use G00 Z-25.

If the axis moves up you have it configured backwards which will also be a problem and cause hunting.

Cheers

Peter

Quote from Buckmaster1967 on January 3, 2020, 12:41 am

Hello, Yes. The commands show up when I test the unit, like they should. I end up setting the the Pierce delay in Sheetcam to .5s. and Over cut to 1.0". That helped me with the torch moving before it fires. And the Over Cut helps clean up the late fires, but I know this is not the correct answer

With the Price Post processor loaded in Sheetcam. As soon as the table takes off, the Z drive goes up and bottoms out, making the gears jump. I have to hit STOP. The Z drive is going in the wrong direction. So I can't use it.

I load Masso Plasma (with THC) Post Processor. The Z axes with Go up and down in about 1" of travel.  Price HVHC 10 Height Controller. Says on channel 1, to adjust the Tolerance if the torch hunts, but no matter if I adjust it .01 or up to 9.0. The torch still hunts. Without a doubt, My lack of knowledge on the subject is the issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, If I go into the Masso Torch Height Control settings, and select (1, Without THC & Arc OK signal) the table cuts good, just no HTC.

If I select (2,Without THC but using Arc OK signal) the table cuts good, just no HTC.

If I select (3, Proma Compact THC Controller 150, the table HTC Controller works, but Z axles Hunts.

I was curious if you have any updates on this?

Quote from MASSO Support on January 4, 2020, 10:25 am

Hi @buckmaster1967

Can you share the start of the Gcode file where the Z axis drives up. I think you will find that there is a G38.2 probing cycle causing the issue.

https://www.masso.com.au/masso-documentation/?section=g38-2-straight-probe-cycle

Please be aware that the Z value specified is a machine coordinate value and not a working coordinate which may be your problem with that.

With regards the hunting are you 100% sure you have the up and down around the right way because i imagine that that would make it hunt something wicked.

Could you also do a simple test.  Move  your Z axis to the center of it's travel and zero the Z axis. Then type G00 Z-1 and make sure the Z axis moves down.  I assume you are using imperial otherwise use G00 Z-25.

If the axis moves up you have it configured backwards which will also be a problem and cause hunting.

Cheers

Peter

Hello,

(Could you also do a simple test.  Move  your Z axis to the center of it's travel and zero the Z axis. Then type G00 Z-1 and make sure the Z axis moves down.  I assume you are using imperial otherwise use G00 Z-25.) I did the test, and the Z axis moved down like it supposed to.

So, with out the HTC, the table cuts great. Cut out a 4ft x 3ft sign last night. Everything worked great. Except the Z axis .It goes to park and stays down when it is when the job is done. Blow water from my table. Sheetcam says to park all axis at (0).

Using the MASSO post processor with THC, I can get the Price Controller to to pierce the metal and start to cut, than raises about an inch above the metal and start to hunt, which I can calm down by adjusting the tolerance on the controller. It will quit hunting, but remain an inch above the metal. Not sure why it won't go to .06" like the setting in Sheetcam.

If I use the plasma AVHC10 post processor, as soon as I hit start, the Z Axis moves up and hits the limit. I found that it is going by the setting in the Sheetcam Job Options where the Rapid Clearance is set to ( 1.5" ) causing the axis to go from Home at 0 to 1.5. The Masso Post Processor , using the same settings goes to 1.5 after the torch goes down and touches the metal zeroing the Z axis then moving up to 1.5"

function OnAbout(event)
ctrl = event:GetTextCtrl()
ctrl:AppendText("plasma AVHC10 post processor\n")
ctrl:AppendText("\n")
ctrl:AppendText("Modal G-codes and coordinates\n")
ctrl:AppendText("Comments enclosed with ( and )\n")
ctrl:AppendText("M03/M05 turn the torch on/off\n")
ctrl:AppendText("Incremental IJ\n")
ctrl:AppendText("The torch is referenced at cut start and every 500mm of movement thereafter\n")
ctrl:AppendText("Designed for use with Mach3 and PriceCNC AVHC10\n")
ctrl:AppendText("Post variables:\n")
ctrl:AppendText("refdistance - set the distance between each reference\n")
end

-- revision 3/2/07
-- Removed final safety move. This is now done in SheetCam

-- revision 7/10/05
-- Added new arc handling

-- created 27/10/04
-- Based on plasma1.post

function OnInit()

post.SetCommentChars ("()", "[]") --make sure ( and ) characters do not appear in system text
post.Text (" (Filename: ", fileName, ")\n")
post.Text (" (Post processor: ", postName, ")\n")
post.Text (" (Date: ", date, ")\n")
if(scale == metric) then
post.Text (" G21 (Units: Metric)\n") --metric mode
else
post.Text (" G20 (Units: Inches)\n") --inch mode
end
post.Text (" G53 G90 G40\n F1\n S500\n")

switchoffset = 0.752
bigarcs = 1 --stitch arc segments together
minArcSize = 0.05 --arcs smaller than this are converted to moves
end

function OnNewLine()
post.Text ("N")
post.Number (lineNumber, "0000")
lineNumber = lineNumber + 10
end

function OnFinish()
post.Text (" M05 M30\n")
end

function OnRapid()
if(math.hypot(endX-currentX , endY-currentY) < 0.001 and endZ < currentZ) then return end
post.ModalText (" G00")
post.ModalNumber (" X", endX * scale, "0.0000")
post.ModalNumber (" Y", endY * scale, "0.0000")
post.ModalNumber (" Z", endZ * scale, "0.0000")
post.Eol()
end

function OnMove()
post.ModalText (" G01")
post.ModalNumber (" F", feedRate * scale, "0.0###")
post.Eol()
end

function OnArc()
if(arcAngle <0) then
post.ModalText (" G03")
else
post.ModalText (" G02")
end
post.NonModalNumber (" X", endX * scale, "0.0000")
post.NonModalNumber (" Y", endY * scale, "0.0000")
post.Text (" I")
post.Number ((arcCentreX - currentX) * scale, "0.0000")
post.Text (" J")
post.Number ((arcCentreY - currentY) * scale, "0.0000")
post.ModalNumber (" F", feedRate * scale, "0.0###")
post.Eol()
end

function OnPenDown()

post.ModalText(" G31 Z -100")
post.ModalNumber (" F", 500 * scale, "0.0###")
post.Eol()
post.ModalText(" G92 Z0.0\n")
post.ModalText (" G00")
post.ModalNumber(" Z", switchoffset, "0.0752")
post.Eol()
post.ModalText(" G92 Z0.0\n")
post.CancelModalNumbers()
post.ModalText (" G00")
post.ModalNumber (" Z", pierceHeight * scale, "0.0000")
post.Eol()

post.Text ("\n M03\n")
if (pierceDelay > 0.001) then
post.Text (" G04 P")
post.Number (pierceDelay,"0.###")
post.Eol()
end

end

function OnPenUp()
post.Text (" M05\n")
if (endDelay > 0) then
post.Text (" G04 P")
post.Number (endDelay,"0.###")
post.Eol()
end
end

function OnNewOperation()
post.Text (" (Process: ", operationName, ")\n")
end

function OnComment()
post.Text(" (",commentText,")\n")
end

function OnToolChange()
post.Text (" M06 T")
post.Number (tool, "0")
post.Text (" (", toolName, ")\n")
end

function OnNewPart()
post.Text(" (Part: ",partName,")\n");
end

function OnDrill()
OnRapid()
OnPenDown()
endZ = drillZ
OnMove()
OnPenUp()
endZ = safeZ
OnRapid()
end

Without doubt, my ignorance of the subject in my biggest issues. I really appreciate all input. Learning everyday, but miles to go.