Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wanted testers for new Fusion 360 Post processors. Mill & Plasma

Hi Josh,

It looks like Will from Autodesk read your post about the G96,  G97 issue you highlighted and is going to take a look at it. I did some more testing and found the M5 is also needed before the tool change of the chuck clamp will not release.

Will update you when I hear back and you can give it another test.

Really appreciate you taking the time to test this.

Cheers Peter

Hi Josh      @ecs

Will from Autodesk has worked his magic and updated the post processor for us.
The updated post processor for Lathe has been put on the Autodesk site that should fix the G97 issue that you encountered with the spindle ramping up after the G96 and before the tool change.
It also adds an M5 before the tool change which you mentioned was missing.

If you could give it a try and let me know what you think.

Cheers Peter

Click Here to download

Hi I have just finished wiring in a g3 to my plasma table I’d like to give the 360 post processor a go

Hi jasonc
I have put the link below to where you can download it.
Please be aware that this Post Processor is currently in Beta so use with care as it may contain errors in the output .
Any feedback that you can provide about your experience with this post processor, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.
We will send your comments to Auto desk to aid further development of this post processor.
Cheers Peter

jasonc has reacted to this post.
jasonc

Hi Guys.

I have two post processors for  fusion 360 and masso, one that I got from this site that has a G28 return and probe hight adjustment length and then I got one from Autodesk that has 60% reduction speed on holes that is adjustable in the post properties but no G28 or probe adjustment I do not know enough or anything about code but would like to join these functions into one post looking for help on this

Cheers Justin

Justin,

Zip both copies and post here. I will look at them and send back a composite copy.

Regards,

Arie.

hi Arie

thanks for looking

Justin

Uploaded files:

Hi Ariel.

How did you go with merging of the two posts

Cheers Justin

Justin,

Just found time to compare and combine.

The 60% hole reduction file has Z28 in it but they have changed how it is setup in Fusion's post properties. You need to scroll through the post properties and set them to the way you want them. If there are any properties that you have to change and want them to be default, edit the post file. Look in section

// user-defined properties

properties = {

there you will find the default settings for each property.

Use the attached file with caution. Check output before running on your machine.

Regards,

Arie.

Uploaded files:

Thanks Ariel.

The post worked great  now I just have to start learning how to do this myself

Justin