Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Questions & AnswersWiFi Connectivity
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

WiFi Connectivity

This topic will cover support for WiFi modules as these modules have different software versions loaded by the manufacturers and sometimes can cause issues.

For WiFi setup instructions please see the WiFi documentation: https://docs.masso.com.au/wiring-and-setup/wi-fi-connectivity

Brand new Masso owner here. WiFi is not connecting? See pic below of the version I'm running. Trying to connect to Win 10 machine. No joy.

Cheers

Uploaded files:
  • Masso.jpg

@westyone are you connecting to an existing WiFi network or creating your own network with MASSO?

Quote from Westyone on July 12, 2019, 4:37 am

Brand new Masso owner here. WiFi is not connecting? See pic below of the version I'm running. Trying to connect to Win 10 machine. No joy.

@westyone

Assuming your Win 10 machine is on Telus0466 wireless network you need to remove the tick from Make "My MASSO Network"

Then follow Connecting MASSO to your WiFi network

Setting a fixed IP address in both your wireless router and MASSO will make setting up MASSO Link easier.

I had the wireless router auto supply the IP addresses and if I started MASSO before the PC the IP addresses were reversed and MASSO Link software wouldn't connect.

Regards,

Arie.

Hello - Please see screen shots below. The Wifi card has no lights? Is this dead?

Uploaded files:
  • 20190712_083822.jpg
  • 20190712_083816.jpg

From the second screenshot your WIFI card is working. It is showing MAC address & version.

What do you know about IP network addressing?

For now we'll get you working without fixed IP address, so remove tick from fixed address and press connect button. If your network name & key are correct, the WIFI card should connect and display an IP address, the status will show connected, also the connect button will change to disconnect.

Note the numbers displayed in the IP address and enter them into the MASSO Link IP address boxes, click connect button.

When you get the MASSO link talking to the MASSO we can work on setting up a fixed IP address.

Regards,

Arie.

Hello Arie - IP addresses knowledge is a "Use it or loose it" deal for me. I get into them very seldom. Now... Please see screen shot below. I don't see any IP address. MAC yes. My deceleration about the Wifi card failure is based on using the "FING" app that shows no transmission from the Masso system? I have shut off all "Windows defender" and fire walls plus antivirus on my system.

Thanks for the weekend support. It's great of you guys to be reachable.

Regards

Uploaded files:
  • Wifi_Masso.jpg

Did you press the connect button?

The status Network Ready indicates that the low level network is working, but it hasn't connected at the IP level, until you get the status to change to "connected", the MASSO is not talking to your wireless network. Without the wireless network connection it doesn't matter what you do on your PC it won't work.

What type of network router do you have?

Regards,

Arie.

Quote from Westyone on July 13, 2019, 3:58 am

Thanks for the weekend support. It's great of you guys to be reachable.

@westyone

Just looking in between weekend chores.

Could this be a Security conflict? And why doesn't FING see the Masso transmission?

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • Telus-Wireless-Router.JPG