SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
MASSO Software Update – v3.43
Release date: 15th November 2019
WARNING: Some new features in this software means that the current settings on the F1-Setup screen might change depending on the setup and machine type. Please check all you settings in the F1 screen and make sure all inputs and outs assigned are correct as these might change to some other setting after loading this software update.
Backlash Comp Settings – If backlash compensation is not required then please make sure that each axis backlash settings is set to 0.00 in the F1-Setup screen.
Linear tool changer or Umbrella tool changer for Mill 5 Axis version – To be able to fit the new probing logic in the software for 5 axis Mill version, we have disabled Umbrella tool changers for this version as not many people use this tool changer. If you require Umbrella tool changer then please email us on support your controller serial number so that we can provide you with the software that has umbrella enabled and linear tool changer logic disabled.
- G28 A & B axis quick home when in angular mode – If G28 command is given when A or B axis used in angular mode then the axis will move to the home position in one rotation to save time and unwind the axis. For information on how to use this feature please see this link: https://www.masso.com.au/masso-documentation/?section=g28-return-to-machine-home
- M30 with infinite or number of times running option – M30 command has been extended to provide more control. Now the program can be either run multiple times or infinite times. For information on how to use this feature please see this link: https://www.masso.com.au/masso-documentation/?section=m30-end-the-program-and-rewind
- Lathe Threading – Updated threading logic with smooth Z axis control during threading.
- A & B axis improvements – New improvements for angular axis control.
- G80 – Updated logic with system automatically switching to G00 mode automatically. For information on how to use this feature please see this link: https://www.masso.com.au/masso-documentation/?section=g80-cancel-modal-motion
How to update the MASSO controller:
- Power off MASSO
- Copy the serial number.htg file and Data1.htg files that were emailed to the USB pen drive and do not copy these files to a folder
- Check that the above file names are not renamed by your browser when saving to the USB pen drive
- Unplug all USB devices from MASSO and only plug in the USB pen drive with the above two files to the USB pen drive connector of MASSO
- Power up the MASSO and wait for the yellow progress bar to go all the way to 100%
- Power off the controller and leave the USB pen drive plugged in, after about 5 seconds power up the unit
- Initially you will see a black screen for a few seconds while the update finishes
- Finally you will see the MASSO main screen and now you can connect USB hubs, keyboard and mouse to the system
- If you require you can delete the update files from the USB pen drive as they are not required anymore
Things to check after updating:
- After updating FIRST CHECK all settings in the F1-Setup screen and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Check Homing settings.
- Check Spindle settings.
- Check General settings, make sure “Limit maximum feedrate” is disabled if not being used.
- Check Lubrication settings.
- Check Tool Changer settings and also check the settings inside the tool changer settings.
- Check all axis settings.
- Check Auto Tool Zero settings and if not required then please disable it.
- Check all inputs and outputs, check that the right input shows the right function.
- Check that all inputs and outputs have the invert set as required.
- Check your tool calibration and work offset data.
- Finally before doing any cutting with the machine please do a few dry runs to make sure everything is working fine.
- You might see a “Backup battery fail detected” alarm, please DO NOT remove the battery on the controller and simply power cycle the controller and the message will automatically go away.