SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
MASSO Software Update – v3.35 (with Touch Screen)
Release date: 1st August 2018
- Touch screen interface via standard USB touch screens, for complete details please see this link: CLICK HERE
- Support to Hercus PC200 – 8 Tool turret tool changer, CLICK FOR MORE INFO
- Axis pulse issue resolved with MASSO now supporting 110kHz pulse rate
- Mill / Router Linear tool changer now supports tools stacked in either X or Y direction, CLICK FOR MORE INFO
- WiFi connection IP address not showing after connection bug fix
How to update the MASSO controller:
- Power off MASSO
- Copy the serial number.htg file and Data1.htg files that were emailed to the USB pen drive and do not copy these files to a folder
- Check that the above file names are not renamed by your browser when saving to the USB pen drive
- Unplug all USB devices from MASSO and only plug in the USB pen drive with the above two files to the USB pen drive connector of MASSO
- Power up the MASSO and wait for the yellow progress bar to go all the way to 100%
- Power off the controller and leave the USB pen drive plugged in, after about 5 seconds power up the unit
- Initially you will see a black screen for a few seconds while the update finishes
- Finally you will see the MASSO main screen and now you can connect USB hubs, keyboard and mouse to the system
- If you require you can delete the update files from the USB pen drive as they are not required anymore
Things to check after updating:
- After updating FIRST CHECK all settings in the F1-Setup screen and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Check Homing settings.
- Check Spindle settings.
- Check General settings, make sure “Limit maximum feedrate” is disabled if not being used.
- Check Lubrication settings.
- Check Tool Changer settings and also check the settings inside the tool changer settings.
- Check all axis settings.
- Check Auto Tool Zero settings and if not required then please disable it.
- Check all inputs and outputs, check that the right input shows the right function.
- Check that all inputs and outputs have the invert set as required.
- Check your tool calibration and work offset data.
- Finally before doing any cutting with the machine please do a few dry runs to make sure everything is working fine.
- You might see a “Backup battery fail detected” alarm, please DO NOT remove the battery on the controller and simply power cycle the controller and the message will automatically go away.