SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
MASSO Software Update – v3.37 (Wi-Fi My MASSO Network)
Release date: 22nd August 2018
Don’t have access to your WiFi in your workshop, No Worries!, simply create your own WiFi network on MASSO and connect your PC directly to MASSO. Download MASSO Link v1.2 from this link: CLICK HERE
- WiFi ESP module running v126.96.36.199 crashing issue resolved, improved logic for other ESP versions.
- Machine Home button added to JOG screen.
- Plasma THC logic improvements for fast reaction to UP / DOWN signals.
- When using slaving option, now the master axis calibration information is automatically copied.
- Lathe manual tool changer logic making the system stop responding.
- Spindle clamp/unclamp using external input not working on power up.
How to update the MASSO controller:
- Power off MASSO
- Copy the serial number.htg file and Data1.htg files that were emailed to the USB pen drive and do not copy these files to a folder
- Check that the above file names are not renamed by your browser when saving to the USB pen drive
- Unplug all USB devices from MASSO and only plug in the USB pen drive with the above two files to the USB pen drive connector of MASSO
- Power up the MASSO and wait for the yellow progress bar to go all the way to 100%
- Power off the controller and leave the USB pen drive plugged in, after about 5 seconds power up the unit
- Initially you will see a black screen for a few seconds while the update finishes
- Finally you will see the MASSO main screen and now you can connect USB hubs, keyboard and mouse to the system
- If you require you can delete the update files from the USB pen drive as they are not required anymore
Things to check after updating:
- After updating FIRST CHECK all settings in the F1-Setup screen and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Check Homing settings.
- Check Spindle settings.
- Check General settings, make sure “Limit maximum feedrate” is disabled if not being used.
- Check Lubrication settings.
- Check Tool Changer settings and also check the settings inside the tool changer settings.
- Check all axis settings.
- Check Auto Tool Zero settings and if not required then please disable it.
- Check all inputs and outputs, check that the right input shows the right function.
- Check that all inputs and outputs have the invert set as required.
- Check your tool calibration and work offset data.
- Finally before doing any cutting with the machine please do a few dry runs to make sure everything is working fine.
- You might see a “Backup battery fail detected” alarm, please DO NOT remove the battery on the controller and simply power cycle the controller and the message will automatically go away.